The software developer Altair is pleased to announce the availability of Feko 2022.0.0 is a major release with new features, corrections and improvements.
Highlights of the 2022 Release
The most notable extensions and improvements to Feko, WinProp and newFASANT in the 2022 release.
Salient Features in Feko
– The flexibility of Feko solvers has been extended to support hybrid simulations where faceted UTD is used to solve some parts of the model and other parts are solved with the MoM. Both fully coupled and uncoupled simulations are supported, though dielectrics in the MoM region are not yet supported. Receiving antennas (defined using far field, near field or spherical modes) may also be included in the simulation. Additional optical effects as well as higher-order effects are added to the faceted UTD enabling more accurate simulations for many cases
– Improvements in the application of shared memory and low-level MPI optimisations in the MLFMM solution result in improved parallel efficiency (both runtime and memory) for highly distributed simulations (across multiple nodes).
Salient Features in WinProp
– The calculation of Doppler shift due to movement or rotation of objects around any 3D axis has been added.
– Higher accuracy of solutions using the SBR (Shooting Bouncing Rays) solver is achieved by using a hybrid ray tracing approach which employs path verification from standard ray tracing.
– When viewing radio-coverage results in a 3D view, transmitter antenna patterns can be displayed – allowing for easier visual verification and interpretation of the results.
– The API has been extended to support the generation of 5G beam patterns as well as automation of FM-CW post processing.
Salient Features in newFASANT
– A new workflow has been added to get accurate and fast simulation results for even more complex and realistic multi layer radomes with frequency selective surface (FSS) structures in newFASANT. The radome and FSS is first characterised in terms of reflection/transmission and is then applied as a material to the relevant surface when configuring the full radome analysis.
– The <keyword keyref=”method_mom_acronym”/> module now supports the usage of the Characteristic Basis Function Method (CBFM) for non-RCS calculations.
– Near fields calculated using Feko solvers on a Cartesian boundary in *.efe/*.hfe format may now be imported as a simulation source.
Feko 2022 Release Notes
The most notable extensions and improvements to Feko are listed by component.
Feko is a powerful and comprehensive 3D simulation package intended for the analysis of a wide range of electromagnetic radiation and scattering problems. Applications include antenna design, antenna placement, microstrip antennas and circuits, dielectric media, scattering analysis, electromagnetic compatibility studies including cable harness modelling and many more.
WinProp is the most complete suite of tools in the domain of wireless propagation and radio network planning. With applications ranging from satellite to terrestrial, from rural via urban to indoor radio links, WinProp’s innovative wave propagation models combine accuracy with short computation times.
newFASANT complements Altair’s high frequency electromagnetic software tool (Altair Feko) for general 3D EM field calculations, including, among others, special design tools tailored for specific applications like complex radomes including FSS, automated design of reflectarrays and ultra-conformed reflector antennas, analysis of Doppler effects, ultrasound systems including automotive or complex RCS, and antenna placement problems. Advanced solver technologies like the MoM combined with the characteristic basis functions (CBFS), PO/GO/PTD, GTD/PO and MLFMM parallelised through MPI/OpenMP, being some of them especially efficient for the analysis of electrically very large problems.
Altair Feko is a comprehensive computational electromagnetics (CEM) software used widely in the telecommunications, automobile, aerospace and defense industries. Feko offers several frequency and time domain EM solvers under a single license.
Altair is a global technology company that provides software and cloud solutions in the areas of product development, high performance computing (HPC) and data analytics. Altair enables organizations across broad industry segments to compete more effectively in a connected world while creating a more sustainable future.
Product: Altair Feko
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page : http://www.altairhyperworks.com
Languages Supported: english
System Requirements: Windows *
Size: 2.4 Gb