The software developer Embarcadero is released RAD Studio, Delphi, and C++Builder 11.2 Alexandria. The update added new featured and also addresses a few relevant issues in the most recent release and recommended for all RAD Studio 11 customers.
New in 11.2: The Little Things That Add Up to Big Quality
11.2 is a quality-focused release. That means a lot of work on existing features, ensuring they work smoothly: high DPI VCL design, for example, is an area with a lot of focus and improvements. So is performance. So is the C++ toolchain, and the Delphi compiler. So is FireDAC (and there’s some great stuff coming there!) But quality can also means polish, attention to detail, focusing on a plethora of small things that together add up to really improve the experience of using the IDE.
Here are a few examples of improvements we’ve made to your IDE experience:
– In the Projects view, you double-click a tree node to open a unit. Yet, currently it also always expands that tree node, when you didn’t want it to do that. It’s much better to do the expected thing automatically: to do what you intuitively expect. Now if (for example) you double-click a unit, it will open it but not expand to show the DFM – as expected.
– The Compile dialog: today, it doesn’t show the target platform or bitness you’re building. But it really would be useful to see that and know exactly what you’re compiling – and that’s what’s in 11.2.
– Editor tabs: you can’t visually distinguish between a tab holding code, and a non-code tab with different functionality, like editing a type library or viewing source control. But you should be able to tell the difference between all of those, easily. Join the webinar to see what we changed!
– RAD Studio 11.2 Teaser Image – CPU View BlurredThe CPU view: assembly language is hard to parse. We, as an industry, have a visual solution to that: syntax highlighting, which would be really nice to use in the CPU view…
– Many people add data modules to their projects. Yet for some reason, the File > New menu didn’t have Data Module as a top-level item and you had to dig into the New Items dialog or customize the menu. Better to have it there by default!
– Good UX shows things so you don’t have to figure them out. An example is the default button in a dialog: which action will occur if you press Enter? You know, it’s a small tweak, probably only taking a few minutes, but we could make that a bit more clear…
– Many people like customising the IDE: after all, you spend eight hours a day using it. And it supports VCL styles, even using three inbuilt. And sure it’s been available in the registry for a while, but why not make a first-class feature so that you can use any VCL style, to make – like any craftsperson does building out their workshop – the place you work in truly yours?
Small things. And not our main focus this release: our main focus is quality, resolving issues. But quality can mean not just fixes, but paying attention to the small everyday interactions in the IDE.
11.2 is a release where we’ve paid a lot of attention to detail. As well as new features, great ones, 11.2 has a big quality focus, not just on resolving issues but also on the small things that matter when you use the IDE every day. But there’s a lot more.
RAD Studio is the fastest way to develop cross-platform native apps with flexible cloud services and broad IoT connectivity using Delphi or C++.
RAD Studio provides powerful VCL controls for Windows 10 and enables FMX development for Windows, Mac and Mobile. RAD Studio supports Delphi or C++ with a wide array of services for Enterprise Strong Development.
Look for increased memory for large projects, extended multi-monitor support, improved Object Inspector and much more. RAD Studio delivers 5x the speed of development and deployment across multiple desktop, mobile, cloud and database platforms including 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 10.
The 11.2 release represented new iOS simulator for Delphi, updated Android API, new debugging standard for Delphi on Linux, improvements code editing and CodeInsight, improvements to the Delphi, VCL, FireMonkey, FireDAC and RAD Server libraries and a host of updates, new features and improvements throughout to help you get more done faster, and save more on development costs.
Find out what is new in the 11.2 Alexandria release of your favorite developer tool: RAD Studio, Delphi, and C++Builder. The new 11.2 release will be binary compatible with 11.0 and 11.1 Alexandria, adding new features and fixing many of the issues you’ve reported in the Quality Portal.
Embarcadero Technologies, Inc. builds tools that solve productivity problems for application developers. The company’s products allow users to design, build, and run applications from a single code base across all platforms. Ninety of the Fortune 100 companies and a community of more than three million C++ and Delphi users worldwide rely on Embarcadero’s award-winning products to deliver critical enterprise applications. Embarcadero is a division of Idera, Inc.
Product: Embarcadero Delphi
Version: 11.2 (28.0.46141.0937) Alexandria Lite 17.2
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page : http://www.embarcadero.com
Languages Supported: english
System Requirements: Windows *
Size: 3.4 Gb