H2O | 7 April 2005 | WinALL | 54 MB
FL Studio is a full-featured sequencer perfectly suited for creation of complex songs and realistic drum loops, with 32 bit internal mixing and advanced MIDI support. The resulting song or loop can be exported to a WAV/MP3 file and all MIDI events can be exported to a standard MIDI file.
FL Studio is a pattern based sequencer, which means you create your songs in pieces (patterns) using the Step Sequencer and the Piano Roll view and then weld those pieces together using the Playlist window (the Playlist also supports full-featured audio tracks with hardrrive streaming). Then you can add a wide range of effects to your instruments (reverb, phaser, flanger etc.) and route the resulting mixer tracks in any way you like to create complex mixing chains with ease.
– Internal 32 bit floating point mixing, up to 96kHz stereo
– Supports DirectSound and ASIO enabled sound cards for audio output
– Ability to function as a VSTi, DXi and a ReWire client
– Ability to host ReWire clients itself
– Realtime linear interpolation & sophisticated interpolation algorithms at rendering time
– Open architecture allowing third-party instruments (enhanced proprietary FL instruments standard, VSTi and DXi2) and effects (enhanced proprietary FL effects standard, VST, VST2 and DirectX)
– A full set of high-precision mastering and special effects filters: reverb, compressor, procedural equalizer, distortion, phaser, flanger, bass boost, delay line and other
– Advanced sequencing methods allowing quick entering of realistic drum loops (step sequencing grid) and composing complex instrumentals (advanced piano roll, arpeggiator, keyboard tracking, real-time gate)
– Unique note properties morphing ability (pitch, cutoff, resonance, panning).
– Advanced mixer: 68 mixer tracks (64 insert and 4 send tracks) supporting up to 8 filters each; mixer tracks rerouting for creating of complex mixer chains; track recording with ASIO input support (for recording MIDI, vocals etc.); integrated procedural equalizer, volume and panning for each mixer track.
– Integrated instruments: Sampler, TS404 (the popular bassline engine), 3xOSC (subsynth), Plucked! (plucked strings), MIDI Out, DX10 (FM synth), Scratcher (turntable emulator), WaveTraveller (wave bend synth), Wasp (demo), SimSynth Live (demo), and more
– Advanced playlist & full-featured audio tracks
– Live recording of control movements & integrated automation events editor
– Easy MIDI remote controlling of most parameters (VST plugins supported as well)
– Procedural control over parameters by using special controller plugins
– Click removal & volume ramping to avoid pops.
– Imports *.WAV, *.SYN (SimSynth 1 & 2), *.DS (DrumSynth) files, with effects applied
– Imports MIDI sequences and controller events
– Exports audio to 16Bit or 32Bit *.WAV file, *.MP3
– Can export MIDI notes & controller events to a standard MIDI file.
New in v5.0.1:
– Fixed ‘Add pitch to key’ for plugins
– Fixed crashing bug in Fruity Granulizer
– Fixed 2 minor bugs in Sytrus
– Fixed problem with MIDI input in FL VSTi versions
– Fixed little problem after dismissing the piano roll note properties box
– Fixed disabled automation clips processed when relocating the song
– Disabled looping for sample preview in browser (too many bad loop points in samples out there)
– Auto-scrolling doesn’t switch off anymore when editing and the song is not playing
– Fixed problems with dual monitors: FL can now be maximized on second monitor and will remember the monitor it’s on when maximized
– Fixed little playlist shortcut problem
– Added option to detach playlist, piano roll and event editors from the working area (can be maximized on a second monitor)
– Changed the default wallpaper to a newbie one
– Newbie enhancement: MIDI settings window doesn’t show up anymore to let the user select a MIDI input device
– Newbie enhancement: “Enable MIDI input/output” switches itself on when you select MIDI devices