File size: 1.0 GB
FloEFD for Solid Edge is an application for modeling the flow and heat transfer in liquids and gases in the Siemens Solid Edge environment. FloEFD is fully integrated into Siemens Solid Edge environment and uses computational fluid dynamics (CFD) based solvers.
Working directly with the model in the Siemens Solid Edge environment
There is no need to convert the geometry to another format, which often leads to a loss of quality.The task of calculating fluid dynamics and heat transfer at any time is fully synchronized with the model
Minimization of efforts, and as a result, errors in the synchronization process of the set fluid dynamics problem and the model
Automatic detection of changes in the model.
There is no need for “manual” construction of the geometry describing the area occupied by the liquid / gas
Automatic detection of the area occupied by liquid / gas.
The same graphic controls are used as in other modules of the corresponding CAD
Very easy to learn
Easy to use
Uses the CAD model tree.
Intuitive and fully interactive
Use when creating a project / processing results of model elements selected in the graphics window / model tree
Visualization of the calculation results in the form of static and animated images directly in the graphics window
Support for exporting results to MS Excel, Word. The ability to play and record animations.
Support for the multi-configuration of the model.
For an efficient multi-parameter study, implemented – the ability to clone projects, automatic start of a series of calculations.
Automated to reduce the number of cases when it is necessary to involve specialists in the field of fluid dynamics and heat transfer to analyze the formulation and calculation results
Reliable and fully automatic generator of computational grids
. Unique turbulence and boundary layer model is used.
Automatic control of solution convergence.
Reliable and accurate numerical methods and physical models
Large set of physical models
Ability to calculate very complex structures and physical phenomena.
Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and allows you to analyze a wide range of complex problems, including
• Analysis of hydro-aerodynamics and heat transfer of two – and three-dimensional models
• Analysis of external and internal flow flows
• Analysis of steady and unsteady flow
• Incompressible liquid and compressible gas flow , including including a combustible mixture, at subsonic, transonic, supersonic and hypersonic flow regimes
• Condensation of water vapor
• Calculation of the relative humidity of air in gas streams
• Flow in non-Newtonian fluids (only laminar flow regime)
• Flow in a compressible fluid (fluid density depends on pressure)
• Flows in real gases
• Laminar analysis , turbulent and unsteady flows
• Analysis of vortex flows and fans
• Analysis of flows with solid inclusions
• Analysis of heat transfer inside and between liquids and solids
• Analysis of heat transfer inside solids in the absence of a washing flow
• Calculation of thermal contact resistance
• Calculation of electrical contact resistance
• Thermoelectric coolers
• Heat transfer by radiation
• Joule heating
• Flows with gravitational effects (also known as the buoyancy effect)
• Porous media
• Heat pipes
• Heat transfer in printed circuit boards
• Heat transfer in perforated plates
• Aerosol flow
• Taking into account the roughness of bodies during tangential flow
• wall movements (mixing and rotation)
• Flow in rotating devices
• Cavitation in liquid flows
• Combustion in gas mixtures
Siemens Solid Edge 2021
Siemens Solid Edge 2022
Updates: official site does not provide any info about changes in this version.